With so many different marketing attribution software solutions available, figuring out which is right for you is tough. You know you want to track and analyze how different marketing channels and touchpoints contribute to conversions and sales—but now need to figure out which tool is best. I've got you! In this post, I'll help make your choice easy, sharing my personal experiences using dozens of different marketing attribution tools with marketing teams of all sizes, with my picks of the best marketing attribution software overall.
What Is Marketing Attribution Software?
Marketing attribution software is a tool that tracks and analyzes the impact of various marketing activities on customer behavior and sales. The purpose is to identify which marketing channels and tactics are most effective in leading to conversions, allowing businesses to understand the customer journey better.
Windsor.ai, a versatile marketing attribution software, assists businesses in tracking marketing efforts across diverse channels and campaigns. It excels in identifying effective strategies for sales and conversions.
Given its adaptability and user-friendly setup, it's a prime choice for businesses seeking to bolster data-driven decisions and optimize marketing initiatives.
Why I picked Windsor.ai: What intrigued me about Windsor.ai was its adaptability, versatility, and API-first approach, making it ideal for startups and businesses looking to integrate multiple data sources.
Windsor.ai Standout Features and Integrations
Features: Windsor.ai shines with its cross-platform data blending, multi-touch attribution, long reporting date ranges, search terms optimization, bid and budget optimizer, and API/database access.
Integrations: Windsor.ai integrates with major marketing platforms, including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Salesforce, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, and Snapchat.
- Enhances visibility into expenditures on digital media
- Exceptional customer service and support
- Provides effortless single and multi-channel attribution
- Limited functionality in the free plan.
- May encounter performance issues with large data volumes, particularly on mobile and tablet devices.
Hubspot's marketing attribution software genuinely revolutionizes the way businesses of all sizes approach their marketing efforts.
As with most platforms offering marketing attribution, it streamlines the processes of tracking, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns by offering features like multi-touch attribution, customized reports, and effortless integration.
Why I picked Hubspot: As a marketing connoisseur, I simply couldn't resist choosing Hubspot as the best all-in-one marketing attribution platform. Its CRM, marketing automation, and analytics blend seamlessly, all delivered via a user-friendly interface.
Hubspot Standout Features and Integrations
Features: Hubspot offers a powerful suite featuring a marketing lead database, lead capture, segmentation tools, omnichannel marketing automation, and efficient pipeline management.
Integrations: Hubspot syncs with numerous platforms like Eventbrite, Drift, Slack, LinkedIn, Google Sheets, Wistia, Zapier, Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Shopify.
- The platform's scalability caters to businesses of all sizes and varying needs.
- Offers advanced attribution models for better understanding of customer journeys.
- Streamlines marketing efforts by consolidating data and insights.
- Despite the user-friendly interface, the platform's robust features may present a learning curve for some users.
- Pricing can be steep for small businesses, limiting feature access.
As a data-driven marketer, optimizing ROI is vital. AppsFlyer, an analytics and marketing software, facilitates this by tracking and optimizing your mobile app acquisition funnel.
Remarkably, it's tailored to tackle unique challenges posed by mobile marketing.
Why I picked AppsFlyer: I admire AppsFlyer for its real-time user engagement insights. Its dynamic cohort and retention reports enable easy data filtering and user behavior comparison across segments.
AppsFlyer Standout Features and Integrations
Features: The capability to pinpoint trends specific to users who engaged with the app via the same ad, campaign, media source, or country.
Integrations: With the AppsFlyer Partner Marketplace, you can find integrations with over 10,000 partners and the range of services they offer.
- Excellent reporting features with a focus on app tracking and analysis.
- Powerful analysis of all your marketing initiatives running on affiliate networks and traditional channels.
- Tracking user engagement and activity in real time, which offers insightful data on the effectiveness of your initiatives.
- Actual revenues can't be viewed, which can be confusing for marketers looking for long-term daily revenues.
- Some users may find it complicated to navigate and understand the platform.
- Dashboard customization is limited.
I understand the necessity of having the right marketing attribution solution to fuel your ecommerce growth engine. They aren't in the business of charging you for each conversion or selling your retargeting data. They're solely interested in one thing: retaining the loyalty and happiness of your users.
Why I picked Branch: I chose Branch due to its data freedom - offering integrations, APIs, webhooks, and CSV exports, coupled with centralized data across all ad networks for deduplicated, accurate conversion data.
Branch: Standout Features and Integrations
Features: Branch delivers reliable, unbiased data for your mobile campaigns, removing guesswork and providing clarity for even the most intricate conversion paths.
Integrations: NET SDK, Next.js, Eleventy, Google BigQuery, Mailjet, Shopify, Zendesk, Android SDK
- Versatile integration options with a wide range of platforms, enhancing data consolidation and ease of use.
- Provides a cost-effective, lightweight approach to user acquisition analysis and improvement.
- Receives frequent updates to address and resolve issues.
- Lacks a free trial option for potential users.
- Occasionally restricts post publishing without clear reasons.
Oktopost is an incredibly powerful and user-friendly social media monitoring and analysis tool for B2B marketers. It offers in-depth insights into your viewers' behavior using AI-powered algorithms.
This makes it simple for marketers to gauge the success of their initiatives and operations and monitor changes over time.
Why I picked Oktopost: The platform has an incredible ability to track the impact of social media on lead generation and conversions. Plus, it has the ability to offer suggestions for enhancing social media visibility and optimizing engagement.
Oktopost Standout Features and Integrations
Features: Oktopost is a marketing attribution solution you might want to test because of its cutting-edge customer engagement, sentiment and trend analysis, audience targeting, predictive analytics, and influencer monitoring features.
Integrations: Canva, WordPress, Google Analytics 360, Microsoft Teams, HubSpot Marketing Hub, Dynamics 365, Zapier, and of course, many others.
- Personalized content curation based on platform and audience.
- Ideal for social media managers needing productivity boost and real-time post analytics.
- Streamlines daily social media management with performance metrics monitoring.
- Lack of free trial may deter potential users.
- Requires leaderboard segmentation based on social campaigns.
LeadsRX is an insightful marketing attribution solution that offers a comprehensive view of the customer journey. Its Universal Conversion Tracking ‘Pixel’ allows marketers to optimize campaigns and budgets in real-time, significantly improving ROAS.
Why I picked LeadsRX: I was captivated by LeadsRX's capacity to transcend traditional digital analytics. Its Universal Conversion Tracking Pixel™ provides complete online and offline channel coverage, a rarity in the field, making it a potential game-changer for businesses with diverse advertising strategies.
Standout Features and Integrations
Features: LeadsRX's cross-domain, cross-device tracking feature is remarkable, offering a comprehensive view of customer journeys, including offline channels—a rarity in this domain.
Integrations: For a complete list of integrations, I recommend contacting LeadsRX directly. However, they mention Salesforce, Optimizely, HubSpot, and CallRail among their partnerships.
- Their data insights provide a fair evaluation of marketing strategies' effectiveness.
- Real-time insights enable nimble campaign adjustments.
- LeadsRX's Universal Conversion Tracking Pixel™ delivers a holistic view of customer journeys.
- The lack of a free trial could deter users wanting to sample the platform before purchase.
- The absence of visible pricing details on the website may inconvenience some.
As an avid digital marketer, I'm always on the hunt for the best tools to optimize my efforts. C3 Metrics is a marketing attribution powerhouse, perfect for large organizations across sectors like D2C, ecommerce, Financial Services, and more.
Why I picked C3 Metrics: C3 Metrics shines in handling complex ad portfolios for businesses with over $6 million in annual media budgets. Its multi-touch attribution (MTA) approach is excellent for organizations across multiple channels.
C3 Metrics Standout Features and Integrations
Features: C3 Metrics excels in quality control and conversion tracking, turning raw information into digestible analytics. Its Attribution Data Cloud allows effortless data filtering, categorizing, and modeling.
Integrations: Interestingly, the company doesn’t list the various platforms it integrates with on its website. However, as an attribution modeling and data analytics platform, C3 Metrics aims to provide a comprehensive view of marketing performance and the customer journey.
- C3 Metrics' focus on handling complex ad portfolios makes it ideal for large businesses operating across multiple channels.
- Its unique client-centric tagging infrastructure ensures high-level privacy.
- Exceptional product knowledge and adaptability to diverse client-specific use cases.
- It may be challenging for businesses to assess its compatibility with their existing tech stack.
- High-end solutions might not be affordable for small businesses and startups.
Ruler Analytics is a powerful tool that focuses on providing you with insightful data and accurate multi-touch attribution, allowing you to make informed decisions and upgrade your marketing efforts.
Why I picked Ruler Analytics: I must admit, Ruler Analytics has truly impressed me as a top-tier marketing attribution software for small businesses emphasizing online marketing. Its unique ability to track static and offline calls provides invaluable insights into caller journeys.
Ruler Analytics Standout Features and Integrations
Features: Ruler Analytics excels in managing leads and channels, offering ROI emphasis, visitor tracking, and data-driven marketing decisions.
Integrations: It integrates smoothly with HubSpot, Mailchimp, Zoho CRM, Google Ads, and Marketo, enabling a comprehensive view of your marketing efforts.
- Unique ability to track and analyze both static and offline calls, providing valuable insights
- You can match multiple clicks to both form submissions and phone calls.
- The ability to track both form submissions and online chat interactions.
- It can be challenging to track how performance has gotten better over a certain period of time.
- It’s possible some users may be intimidated by the number of features the software boasts.
ActiveCampaign excels in the world of marketing attribution software, providing customer experience automation that truly makes a difference. By evaluating touchpoints, quantifying ROI, and monitoring conversions, this powerful platform refines your marketing campaigns. The company is a reliable partner when you need attribution, conversion, and automation. It also offers a significant impact on your customer engagement.
Why I picked ActiveCampaign: I chose ActiveCampaign for its superior automation and advanced tracking features. It excels in using machine learning and multi-touch attribution for precise evaluation of marketing strategies' effectiveness.
ActiveCampaign Standout Features and Integrations
Features: The platform shines with features like multi-channel touchpoints, conversion tracking, ROI analysis, dynamic content, A/B testing, and site messaging. Its predictive content and machine learning capabilities are also noteworthy.
Integrations: It boasts seamless integrations with platforms such as Shopify, Salesforce, WordPress, Zapier, Facebook, and ClickFunnels, constantly updating its list to stay relevant.
- It provides comprehensive reporting and analytics tools.
- Boasts an easy-to-use interface with seamless third-party app integration.
- It facilitates crafting of personalized, targeted campaigns.
- There's a learning curve to fully utilize the platform.
- Pricing might be a concern for small businesses or budget-conscious marketers.
As a part of the world's most widely used analytics platform, it's a no-brainer for businesses that want to simplify their data analysis and decision-making process.
With Attribution 360, you can quickly combine cross-channel data from sources like IoT, digital point-of-sale systems, and CRM software thanks to native connectivity to your Google performance and advertising data.
Why I picked Google Attribution 360: Being part of Google Analytics 360 Suite, Google Attribution 360 offers an integrated set of marketing optimization tools, an all-in-one solution for businesses desiring to streamline their analytics.
Google Attribution 360 Standout Features and Integrations
Features: Attribution 360 boasts unique features like Marketing Mix Modeling for offline and digital channels. It provides insights on external factors and even evaluates television ads' impact.
Integrations: Attribution 360 integrates with native Google products, Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, Sprout Social, Wix, Semrush, and Mailchimp.
- Direct integration with other Google products provides a seamless experience.
- Detailed insights into website user behaviors.
- Easy installation and understanding.
- Limited customization options compared to some competitors.
- Paid features can be aggressively priced.
Best for companies that require advanced web analytics and customer behavior insights
Best for B2B marketers focusing on revenue analytics
Ideal for e-commerce businesses
Best marketing attribution software for companies in highly regulated industries
Best for businesses with a heavy focus on inbound marketing
Altitude by Impact
Most suitable for affiliate marketers
Perfect for businesses heavily invested in broadcast advertising
Selection Criteria For Marketing Attribution Software
Here’s a summary of the main selection and evaluation criteria I used to develop my list of the best marketing attribution solutions for this article:
While compiling this list of superior marketing analytics tools, my primary focus was on those capable of comprehensively tracking and analyzing data from multiple channels and touchpoints. The tools had to offer insight into which marketing campaigns yielded the highest return on investment (ROI), thereby serving as an essential resource for effective marketing decision-making.
To deliver the core functionality outlined above, these are the key features that helped distinguish the selected solutions from the rest:
- Multi-touch attribution: This feature is essential as it allows for a more comprehensive understanding of how various marketing touchpoints contribute to conversions.
- Cross-device attribution: In today's multi-device world, it's crucial to track how users interact with your brand across various devices. The selected solutions offer cross-device attribution, ensuring a unified view of each customer's journey.
- Conversion tracking: Conversion tracking is fundamental to gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. It monitors and records every action a user takes that's valuable to your business.
- Data integration: Being able to integrate data from multiple sources is vital for comprehensive analytics. The chosen solutions excel at assimilating disparate data for a holistic view of marketing performance.
During this whole process, I was looking for features like being intuitive and easy to use, with a user-friendly interface that allows you to easily navigate and customize reports. I wanted them to also have clear instructions and guides for setting up campaigns and tracking performance metrics.
I looked for marketing attribution solutions that integrated well with the following:
- Ad Networks
- Email Marketing Platforms
- Social Media Platforms
- Analytics Platforms, and
- Data Management Platforms
Because price runs the gamut from free to almost $1,000 per month, my focus here wasn’t as much the specific cost of each tool, rather the value each tool provided for that cost. Every company’s needs and budget are different, so, I focused on tools providing a variety of options that exemplified that diversity of price range.
What is marketing attribution, and why is it important for your business?
What are the four types of marketing attribution models?
How do you track marketing attribution?
Other Marketing Outreach Software Reviews
Marketing software comes in all shapes and sizes, from social media platform management to website and product reporting. You'll probably need several tools to cover the whole gambit of needs. Here are some other software review lists that I recommend checking out:
Marketing outreach streamlines relationships between customers and clients, enabling businesses to drive meaningful interactions.
Marketing advertising software empowers businesses to optimize promotional efforts across channels, boosting reach and effectiveness.
- Marketing Dashboard Software
- Marketing Measurement Tools
- Market Intelligence Software
- PR Analytics Tools
- Performance Marketing Platforms
Choosing the Right Marketing Attribution Tool
In your pursuit of a marketing attribution solution, start by examining your principal channels and the attribution models you wish to employ. Quality marketing attribution software will go beyond the constraints of single-touch attribution, helping you discern the interconnected touchpoints in your campaigns.
Reflect on your specific marketing management needs: your budget, essential features, and marketing strategies. Clarify these elements before making a decision.
Don't overlook the power of a free trial — it's your opportunity to "test drive" the software. Buying a solution without experiencing its functionality would be like buying a car without giving it a test drive.
To stay informed on marketing trends and strategies, consider signing up for the CMO newsletter.