Affiliate marketing is rapidly becoming an indispensable part of every successful digital marketing strategy.
What is affiliate marketing?
In a nutshell, affiliate marketing involves offering people rewards and incentives to refer customers to your site, whether it’s via their social media profile or offering a discount coupon in their YouTube video.
If you’re reading this, you’re likely already aware of the enormous impact affiliate marketing and E-commerce partnerships can have on your sales, so we won’t bore you by trying to convince you further.
You’re probably asking yourself which affiliate marketing software to choose when there are so many options available. That’s why we’ve created this roundup of our top 10 affiliate marketing software picks.
Whether you’re a small business owner looking to grow their organic reach through affiliates, or an established E-commerce brand seeking a better way to manage their relationships with marketers and influencers, we’ve got you covered.
What do I look for when I select the best affiliate marketing solution? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): I look for a well-designed, visually pleasing user interface that’s easy to understand at a glance. Ideally, I want to be able to customize my dashboard(s) to prioritize the information that’s most important to my business.
Being able to customize your affiliate dashboard to match your business’s branding is also a plus. Similarly, having customizable templates like registration forms and email sequences can help you automate your affiliate marketing processes and save you a lot of time.
- Usability: I look for affiliate marketing solutions that are feature-rich, yet intuitive and with a low learning-curve. There are a lot of options in this space, and some are far more complex than others.
If you’re hiring a marketing agency to take care of managing your affiliates, a more complex software solution might be perfect. However, if you’re planning on running your affiliate program yourself, pick one that’s easy to set up and figure out.
- Training and Support: I look for affiliate marketing software that offers plenty of customer support — and has customer testimonials to that effect — as well as detailed self-service support materials/a robust knowledge base. Even better if they offer training, individualized onboarding, and industry events and networking opportunities.
- Integrations: I look for tools that offer ready-made integrations with the E-commerce and marketing tools I already use or am thinking of using.
If they don’t already have integrations for the tools in my stack, I check whether they have an API and/or what their policy is on creating custom integrations.
- Value for $: I look for affiliate marketing software that has a clear pricing structure and try to anticipate any unexpected expenses as I compare my top choices.
This often translates into comparing the number of clicks and/or conversions permitted in each pricing tier, and what kinds of overages they charge after you’ve hit these limits. Don’t be afraid to ask whether they charge transaction fees, and whether the payment processor they use will charge additional transaction fees.
Also consider whether the price is justified by the functionality, and whether or not you actually need all the features in question.
- User Reviews: I always read the customer reviews. What are the pros and cons? What are the specific ways that reviewers think this software could be improved? What’s their customer service like? How do they measure up against similar software providers?
Affiliate Marketing Software Key Features
Here are a few of the key features that many affiliate marketing programs share:
- Referral Tracking Dashboard - A dashboard where the business/admin can track partner KPIs, commissions owed, and other affiliate metrics.
- Affiliate Dashboard - A dashboard where affiliate partners can view their performance and commissions.
- Affiliate Discovery Marketplace - A feature that allows brands and affiliates to find, compare, and vet potential partners.
- Custom Commission Models - A feature that allows businesses to create custom reward or payment structures for individual partners and/or affiliate marketing campaigns.
- Digital Brand Asset Management - A feature that enables brands to share creative assets with their affiliates for consistent branding and easy sharing.
- Communication Tools - Features like email automation that streamline communication between brands and their affiliates.
- Payment Processing - Built-in payment processing tools that facilitate payouts and payment automation.
- Data Analytics & Reporting - Features that enable one-click data analyses, data visualization, and report generation by applying various filters.
- Fraud Detection - Features that prevent affiliate fraud by flagging suspicious conversion rates, referring domains, and other shady tactics.
- Automation Tools - Features that allow brands to set up rules to automate sequences of events.
The Ecomm Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
|From $750 per month||Visit Website|
21-day free trial
|From $15/user/month||Visit Website|
|From $97 per month||Visit Website|
14-day free trial + freemium version available
|From $45/month||Visit Website|
Freemium version available
|From $13/month||Visit Website|
|From $895/month||Visit Website|
|From $1,250/month||Visit Website|
Free to use
14 days free trial
|From $25/user/month||Visit Website|
Need expert help selecting the right Advertising & Affiliate Software?
We’ve joined up with the software comparison platform Crozdesk.com to assist you in finding the right software. Crozdesk’s Advertising & Affiliate Software advisors can create a personalized shortlist of software solutions with unbiased recommendations to help you identify the solutions that best suit your business's needs. Through our partnership you get free access to their bespoke software selection advice, removing both time and hassle from the research process.
It only takes a minute to submit your requirements and they will give you a quick call at no cost or commitment. Based on your needs you’ll receive customized software shortlists listing the best-fitting solutions from their team of software advisors (via phone or email). They can even connect you with your selected vendor choices along with community negotiated discounts. To get started, please complete the form below:
Here’s a few more that didn’t make the top list.
- TUNE - TUNE is a platform for managing marketing partnerships across mobile and web.
- TitanAFFILIATE - TitanAFFILIATE is a mobile-first affiliate marketing automation solution.
- Kartra - Kartra offers an all-in-one suite of E-commerce tools including Kartra Affiliate Management.
- Voluum - Voluum is an affiliate tracking tool with robust automation and ad optimization features.
- CJ Affiliate - CJ is an affiliate marketing platform where brands and affiliates can discover one another and build partnerships.
- LeadDyno - LeadDyno is an affiliate tracking solution that integrates with many top e-commerce platforms, payment processors, CRMs, and email platforms.
What do you think about this list?
Did you find this list of affiliate marketing software useful? Sign up to the Ecomm Manager’s newsletter for the latest insights from top thinkers in the niche.
Related Read: 26 Types Of Marketing Software And What They Do
Also Worth Checking Out: